Blogger Layouts

Sunday, May 19, 2013

Really OFF Topic

This really has nothing to much with my knitting, but the last month has been so strange. It's MadMay (Madelintosh) month on Ravelry and my little hands have been very busy! I have made my first shawl using Madelinetosh DK (Tosh DK) in Tern. I am so in love with this yarn and it's my new "go to" yarn! If you have never tried Tosh yarns, I recommend you try it just once! The colors are "glazed" and unique. I will show you photo's of my Mara Shawl. Madison is my grand daughter who loves to model my finished objects! She is such a darling! This pattern is free on Ravelry. It calls for 3 skeins of DK weight yarn, I used nearly 4 skeins. I would recommend you buy 4. So to move forward, in the last month we have had a horrific bombing in Boston. Three dear people lost their lives and many other's lost limbs and suffered severe wounds. I just feel so sad this can actually happen in America. What is wrong with people? I feel sad and may take some heat for my opinion, for the two brother's who thought it would be alright to do something like this in "their" own country! One of them had a small child he left behind, and for what? What did they prove? What did that show us? This was a true American tragedy, for the poor people who were only there to support friends and family on a what has become a "historic" day. I will never understand it. You may or may not have been following the brutal slaying of Travis Alexander, it happened in June of 2008. The trial began in January 2013 and has almost reached it's climax. Jodi Arias has been found guilty of first degree murder. She slaughtered this man, the man she claimed to love and want to marry. He just didn't agree with that, so ooops, he's dead. This person, Jodi Arias is a joke of a human being and does not deserve the media attention she's been getting. Funny thing, Karma has a way of biting you in the ass when you least expect it. She never believed she would be convicted and even said so in one of her many interviews with the press. All along, this has been a circus for her. She's worried about her appearance, what everyone thought of her. The prosecutor, Juan Martinez has really put her in her place! Convicted of first degree murder! They are going through the death penalty phase now. If ever a human being ever deserved the death penalty, Jodi Arias does! It's been like a train wreck to watch her on the stand, not one shred of truth ever uttered from her lips. She has lied from day one, changed her story three times, admitted to killing him, but said it was because she was abused. She has slandered this poor man's name, all in front of his family. I do not advocate the death penalty, but I feel it's been reserved just for Jodi Arias. She will continue to torment this family from behind bars. She is an evil, nasty ugly person inside and out. So it's been so unreal for me to watch someone like her on the stand, and to finally get what she deserves. She has cost the state of Arizona almost 2 million to defend her pathetic life. Her defense team is a joke, and I mean a joke. They have tried to get themselves removed from this case, but no, they must continue. Those attorneys should be ashamed of themselves for allowing the victim's name, the victim's family to go through what they have put them through. Total satisfaction when the jury handed down the Murder One guilty verdict! They slapped those defense attorney's and Jodi Arias in the face, WE DO NOT BELIEVE YOU! Thank God, I was worried this would be another Cassie Anthony bullshit trial! We all know she killed that poor little baby! What another piece of work as a human being. Her mother is no better. Anyway, this has been an emotionally exhausting trial, one I would have never thought I would become so involved in, but it is, a train wreck, you can't help but watch. I really hope Travis can finally rest in peace and that his family can move on with their lives without Jodi Arias even as a second thought! They deserve it!

No comments:

Post a Comment